Thursday, June 24, 2010

From Pat Herr:

Hi everyone - It's that time of the summer for me to pack up and with Bonnie fly to the midwest and visit the three families there. There have been many changes in Andrea, Teresa's and Bob's families this year so obviously the grandchildren have grown and multiplied.
Starting with the oldest, Andrea and Mike have a new grandson when Tyler & Sarah had a son, Casper, in March. Mariah & Tony celebrated Silas' first birthday in Apr, so I'm looking forward to seeing the families. Sierra and Nick still are rooted in Ann Arbor, but still travel the world as he runs with Reebock support. Gyp and Don still love in Madison and he is now Father Don in the Episcopal church there. I hardly recognize their growing kids.
Teresa & Les saw Taylor graduate from Wabash in May while Patrick & Sarah have spent a year now in N Carolina where he has served his first year of residency. Right now Tate is living at home, has a job, a girlfriend and everyone is happy. We will be there June 24th and leave from there July 23. Terry and I will spend a night with my sister Kathy. She's in the St Louis area.
Joy is my rock and confidante here in Tucson. Joy, Hope and I went to NYC this spring to see Brooke in a performance at the college. We had two nights in the city and then two in Purchase which gave us time to enjoy a play, a trip to Ellis Island and some really great food. It's hard to believe both Brooke and Hope will be seniors next year. Starr is still working for the solar company, but also taking classes in the arts to find her passion. She and Jordan are still together, but in no hurry to tie the knot. Whatever works!
When Bob's Allie called me this spring to say that she was getting married, my heart just stopped. The wedding is in Aug so that will be my second trip to MI when Joy and I will fly in for the wedding. The three sisters will be bridesmaids so it sounds like a real tearjerker for me. I cry at every wedding as it is.
I am trying to condense this you all. I think about all of you often, so I am happy to see the blog resume. Joy, Dave and I met Bruce, Ellen, Sarah, Jeff and Jean (J's mother) for a 2 hr brunch several weeks ago and it was a steady stream of news being exchanged. It was a real treat. I hope you all have a nice summer and I'll look for YOUR news on the blog.
Love, Pat

No comments: